Innovative bridge drainage from Eccles
AquaDeck is the new Combined Kerb Drainage System from Eccles.
Made from high strength ductile iron it has been designed for use on bridges and elevated highways or where construction depths are limited.
- Surface and sub surface drainage all in one unit
- Manufactured from high strength, long lasting ductile iron
- SmartGrip Technology™ with a high multi-directional micro texture to improve stability against aquaplaning.
- Two-part design allows easy access for cleaning at any part along the entire drainage run
- Easy bespoke manufacture of special depths
- Fast, easy installation – the system is laid on AquaDeck bedding compound and adjusted to line and level
- 45 degree splay or HB kerb shape
- Tested in excess of 400kN (Type I) BSEN1433
Certification & Quality Standards
AquaDeck is fully compliant to the Harmonised European Standard BSEN1433.
It carries the new UKCA Mark, which is required by law by January 2025.
AquaDeck has also been certified and awarded the prestigious BSI Kitemark, for additional quality and assurance.
The product has been checked against all aspects of this Standard, not just the minimum requirements for CE/UKCE certification, and is subject to ongoing surveillance and checks throughout its manufacture and supply.
AquaDeck is designed and FPC tested to a minimum design load of D440kN (Group 4) BSEN1433. Tested free standing Type I.
500mm long available in both HB and 45 degree splay profiles
REAR OR END OUTLETS
150mm / 200mm / 225mm / 300mm
*subject to unit width
Alternatively simple square or rectangular base openings can be specified.
AquaDeck D400 requires no additional on-site support to withstand compressive loads.
AquaDeck expansion joint assemblies are designed to accommodate longitudinal and transverse movements on the structure.
They are suitable for use with all types of expansion joints including buried joints, metal runner type joints, asphaltic plugs, and other types of mechanical installations.
As most joints are bespoke and/or have specific details for each structure or location, our technical sales team can help with the correct design for your particular project.
We can design joints using basic flexible pipe systems, expansion bellows or more complex designs utilising rectangular box sections to maintain higher hydraulic flows through the joint location.
AquaDeck can be specified with an upgraded cover.
E600 option available.
Tested free standing as a Type 1 unit.
(BSEN1433 Clause 6.1.1)
AquaDeck E600 requires no additional on-site support to withstand compressive loads.
AQUADECK CASE STUDIES
We have Fact Files on all our AquaDeck projects. Click the links below to read:
- The stunning Maillart Bridge in Switzerland
- The M5 Golden Valley Interchange
- The River Moy Bridge, County Sligo
- Lowestoft’s new Gull Wing Bridge Scheme
- The Liverpool Street Corridor Scheme
- The Staffordshire Western Access Road Improvement Scheme
- The M4 River Taff Road and Rail Bridges
- The new 725m Dyfi Viaduct, Wales
AQUADECK IS AVAILABLE IN A CHOICE OF QUALITY, DURABLE, HIGH-PERFORMANCE MATERIALS:
AquaDeck Sub Drain
Sub Drain Components
Can be used in conjunction with AquaDeck kerb units for additional system capacity.
Ideal where road construction depths are limited.
Use in front of extruded concrete barriers and central reservations.
- UKCA Marked
- Optional E600 upgrade cover
- PSRV Value > CD534
- Unique anti-slip pattern
Can be used in conjunction with AquaDeck kerb units or as a stand alone positive sub surface drainage system.
Channels can be cut to length or mitred on site without compromising the corrosion resistance of the system.
- High strength ductile iron
- Supplied in 500mm lengths
- Channels follow curvature of the deck slab
- Helps prevents deep bedding ‘hot spots’ which can result in ponding and bedding failure
As well as standard 500mm long channels, a range of fittings are available to maximise sub surface water collection:
- Standard channel
- 90 degree bend
- Expansion joint
- 45 degree bend
- Inspection Box
- 50mm bore carrier pipe
Installation of the Sub Drain and its components is a simple process, the channels are fixed to the surface of the deck using Eccles’ Sub Drain fixing compound.
UNIT SIZE CHART
UNIT SIZE CHART